My second favorite kale recipe (right behind kale chips!), is this super easy braised kale.
What you need:
- 1 lb kale, stems removed, washed and medium chop
- 2 ounces bacon, small dice
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, small dice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- In medium pot over medium/high heat, sauté bacon bacon until fully cooked.
- And onion and garlic and stir occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Let the mixture brown/caramelize to the bottom of the pan until almost burning. Add a splash of chicken stock to keep from burning and stir. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Add the kale and remaining stock. Turn heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally until most of the liquid have evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper!